Le rêve de Grégoire
Opera by Pierre Michaud
Grégoire's dream begins with an arrest. In his cell, a man is waiting to be shot. He has no idea what he could have done to deserve such a fate, but whether he knows it or not doesn't change the situation. He will die. Or maybe not.
But why? Grégoire's dream is a fable. A fable about our world. A raging fable, perhaps a very desperate one. But certainly not defeatist.
A fable that says: "There is something in me that power, authority, however absurd and unbridled, can never destroy."
- François-Olivier Jean, tenor — Grégoire
- Marie-Annick Béliveau, mezzo-soprano — L’autorité
- Dion Mazerolle, baritone — La folie
- Andrzej Stec, tenor — Prométhée
- Rebecca Woodmass, soprano colorature — Mathilde
- Michiel Schrey, tenor — L’ignorance
- Dorothéa Ventura, soprano — La colère
- Ensemble of the SMCQ (Quatuor Bozzini (Clemens Merkel, violin; John Corban, violin; François Vallières, viola; Isabelle Bozzini, cello); Quasar (Marie-Chantal Leclair; Mathieu Leclair; André Leroux; Jean-Marc Bouchard); Sixtrum (João Catalão; Julien Compagne; Julien Grégoire; Philip Hornsey; Kristie Ibrahim; Fabrice Marandola))
Walter Boudreau, conductor
Salle Ludger-Duvernay — Monument-National
1182, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Box office: 514-871-2224